Last night this was dinner :) I make my own pesto sauce; I don't have an actual recipe, just eye ball the ingredients (basil, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, garlic, and olive oil.) I put the grilled chicken in the food processor to chop, because the boys eat it better that way. The cherry tomatoes are halved. When you add the hot chicken and pasta, it heats them up and makes them a little sweeter. Mix everything and serve. I can't take credit for the recipe though, last year someone posted it on a food thread over at 2 Peas. It is delicious, and definitely worth a try!
Recipe: (These are approximate amounts for the ingredients; I'm a dumper when it comes to cooking.)
2 packages of fresh basil (I get the little plastic, rectangular ones)
1 c. fresh parmesan cheese (preferably grated, I was lazy in the photo above ;) )
1/8 c. pine nuts
2 cloves of garlic (I usually press the cloves)
~1/8 c. olive oil (I use extra virgin; you might want to start with less and add extra to thin out the sauce)
Blend the above ingredients in a food processor. Place sauce in mixing bowl.
1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes
Rinse the tomatoes and cut in half. Place in mixing bowl with pesto sauce.
1-2 chicken breasts
You can marinate these and then grill if you like. I sometimes do that in Italian Dressing or olive oil and vinegar. Or if you are in a rush, just grill them plain. Cut the chicken breast, place in food processor (I don't even bother cleaning out the pesto, it is all going to get mixed together,) and chop. Place in mixing bowl with pesto sauce and tomatoes.
Pasta (I usually use bow ties or penne)
Make as directed on the package. I usually use 3/4 box of pasta. Drain and mix with other ingredients in bowl. Serve and enjoy :)
