Sunday, August 14, 2011

Electricity and the Lack of It


Our power went out Friday afternoon at about 5pm. As you can see from the pictures, it wasn't restored until much, much later. After midnight to be exact. We live in a kind of rural area and have well water. I don't mind the power being out so much as the inconvenience of no water. No water = nothing to drink for me. No water = no flushing the toilet. Lucky for us we have three toilets. But it wasn't so bad, I mean after I got used to turning on the wall switch and it still being dark, I got to sit down with my Kindle and a head lamp to catch up on some reading...until the Kindle battery died. Sometimes life is ironic ;) Seriously though, all those folks out working to restore only two houses power deserve a thank you!