Saturday, January 16, 2016

16/365: Sepia

The sepia prompt brought to mind images of the boys dressed up in there little newsie caps, long sleeved shirts, and vests. My little guys always used to be my subjects. They enjoyed dressing up and posing for me...not so much anymore. How I miss those days!

That idea morphed into pictures of me dressed up in a pencil skirt, glasses donned, hair up in a bun and holding a stack of hard backed books. That was going to be way too much work for a Saturday morning.

For some reason my cat's tiger stripes lend well to black and white images and sepia tones. Which brings me to Chica, and she doesn't always cooperate. For instance, I'm lucky to have taken the first picture. She wanted to play with the camera. No sooner had I gotten ready to take the picture, and she jumped up and sniffed the lens. By the time I snapped the second, Chica was mellowed out. She didn't even bat a paw at me.